Sunday, March 13, 2005

Moomba!!

Went to the Moomba Festival last nite for the fireworks with a few friends. It was fantastic!!!!! Those fireworks are very very beautiful!!! Much better than those last year. I think it's because this year is the 50th Moomba Festival.
The fireworks started at 9.30pm sharp but by the time we reached there at around 8.30, the grass lawn along the both sides of Yarra River was already packed with ppl, sitting on the grass, waiting for the firework to start. Lucky that we got a nice seat.
the firework lasted for 15 mins. I can't stress this enough that it was sooooo bloody good!! the firework was fired from 5 (I think) different platforms on the Yarra River. Everyone cheered when the first blast was fired. And we all clapped and cheered when it ended 15 mins later.
this is the best firework i've ever seen so far.. haha!
I'll definitely go for the next Moomba firework again next year, every year as long as I'm still in Melb.
Yup... I'm a 'firework person' since long ago. Always feel excited when watching firework during CNY. And always wish that I could watch those huge firework during New Year countdown at Sydney Harbour Bridge or the London Bridge with my own eyes (not through tv of course). haha!

After that, few friends came to my place, watched concert vcd and baked cake! haha!
It was 3 o'clock in the morning when we finally sit down, blow the candle (for some reason) and cut the cake together. haha! Crazy ppl!
Then chat... eat... chat... till 5 something am!
I slept at almost 6am this morning.

Woke up at 12 to go to the library to complete my prac prelabs for monday's prac.

I can 'conclude' that I had a good weekend. How bout u all? haha!

Today, after watching a small part of a tv programme, I 'learned' a 'fact' which is very true: Life is too short to wait.
I remembered that i heard from somewhere something like this...
a person has 24 hours a day to spend, after 8 hours or mayb less of sleep plus shower, toilet breaks, hanging around doin nothing, eat.... a person actually only have abt 2/3 of a day to spend on those 'useful & productive' stuff.
let's assume that a person can live till 90 years of age, but actually, he only lived for 60 years. If you cut off those days or years when you learned to crawl, walk, talk.... How many years in your entire life did you actually utilise properly? as in... you actually know wat u're doin, know how to spend ur life. and are you sure you can live till 90 years old?

Hm.... well, that makes me thing that life is really too short.
Wat do u think?

No comments: