20 june 1019pm
3rd TigerAIrways flight in one week, 1 got delayed for 1hr. tgt with the 2 TT i had last year, 1 in 5 got delayed, doesn't sound that bad ey? but i still want to believe that i'm just lucky. haha!! should still consider other airlines unless TT is a lot more cheaper. well perhaps i should say this after my Jetstar flight back to melb.
during the 2hr flight, the lady sitting on the same row as me, on the right side of the aisle started to throw up abt 45mins after the plane took off. the fligth attendants had to 'evacuate' the passenger sitting next to her, and the other passenger on the left side of the aisle. apparently that's part of their protocols.
felt lucky that i never had motion sickness on airplanes. (don’t jinx myself!!)
Feel lucky that I can afford my own flight tix, can afford a father’s day present, can afford a nice meal for myself, can afford a weekend holiday in Sydney.
Thinking back about what I have so far, I must say I’m a very very lucky person.
I don’t know how to swim, but my si4 zhi1 jian4 quan2
I don’t know how to dance, but I have a ‘near-perfect’ pitch for music, I can sing quite well.
I was quite well-known in primary schools for being good in inter-school singing competitions, story-telling competitions, good results in studies, MC of the school assembly, raised the flag during school assembly. While in secondary school, I ‘toned-down’ a lot, I’m not a loud student in school, the head-master didn’t know my name (I think) but still, I never been worse than top 20 in my class and there are at least 600 ppl in the same year and I’m always in the best class. My parents never have to worry about my studies, never had to pay for tuition, the money was ‘invested’ on my piano lessons instead :$
I’m lucky enough to have the opportunity to learn piano, that is one of the things I never regret doing and am absolutely thankful to my parents for that. And I’m also very thankful to my parents for paying for my braces :D
I’m not sure how long I can live for. Since I was little, I did think about death, and I’m still upset abt it. I stop myself from thinking about the fact that every human being has to die one day and after that moment, you don’t know where you’re going to end up in, don’t know what’s going to happen. And I don’t know when am I going to lose my family (I’m not cursing them!) T_T. Eventhough I’m a Buddhist, I didn’t know too much abt buddhism. I guess even if I hear or read abt it, I’m too scientific to believe anything 100/100 :S (that reminds me that I should find out the mechanics behind airplanes before my next flight. Haha!)
Life is short. I can’t wait to finish my PhD and to start the next stage of my life. There’re still many things I want to do, many places I want to go, many things I want to own…
Was driving brother’s rented car in melb city. You know what, it felt good! Haha! I want my own car! But yea I know that’s not practical at the moment since I’m living in the city and ‘work’ near the city. Hmm… Canadians do drive a lot yea? Lol
I think I’m getting a lot of attention in my student life prior to starting my PhD. It’s within these 2.5 years that I have moments of ‘serious’ disappointments and frustration about my study and phd is a big part of my life at the moment. But i don’t regret doing what I’m doing.
*yawn* should go to sleep now, going to MovieWorld tomorrow! :D 1052pm.
21June 9.46pm
I nearly crash our car on our way back from MovieWorld!!!!! >.<
Mum, dad and aunt were in the car. None of them ‘scolded’ me this time, thank them for that. But I feel bad :S well, I did learn some lessons today.
It’s not easy to please our parents. It’s difficult to please our relatives visiting from home. There’re a lot of differences in living in Australia compared to back home. Food is different, weather different, way of eating is different, way of cooking is different, way of treating strangers is different. So if they’re not used to things here, but insist of doing things in their way, that will become a conflict unless there’s a reason of their persistence, then I can accept.
Well, 2 weeks… I can tahan. And I’m also a ‘guest’, so… the most ‘cham’ person is not me.
Luckily I brought Toto over. :)
23 June 1059pm
Been driving for 4 consecutive days. I’m surprised that after the 2 near crashes, my mum changed from not being confident with my driving, to calling me ‘the driver’. Eventhough 3 of the 4 days are short drives to the shopping mall or grocery stores, I feel tired to drive anymore. :S can imagine how tiring it is for ppl who need to drive to work every day. Driving is such a tiring thing to do. I remember asking my dad when I was little, asking him how he feels about driving, whether it’s a stressful thing to do or it’s ‘fun’ (as in a pleasure thing to do). Can’t rmb what exactly he answered, but he didn’t say it’s stressful. Perhaps driving in somewhere you’re familiar with will feel different. These few days I’ve been driving with the GPS, I can’t recognise where I’m going when I’m driving with the GPS, I’m sure I will recognise the ways if I drive without it. But because no one else in the car knows the way, I don’t want to turn it off just in case we get lost. But I’m trying to remember where we went and figure out the way back before the instructions given out by the GPS. Don’t know what they’ll do here after I go back :S I guess someone just has to learn the roads or lean to drive with the GPS.
Was going through the photos we took at MovieWorld. I took a photo for my parents at the MW entrance. Saw dad holding mum’s hand in that photo, aww… gan3 dong4 :`)
When we’re in a new place, somewhere we’re unfamiliar with, a young kid will need time and parents’ effort for the kid to settle down and get used to things there; an average young adult will probably adapt to the place easier; it’s interesting to see that when it comes to the older adults they want to do things in their usual way, if that is not allowed, they won’t be happy and will change things there to suit their usual habits. I’m happy to sleep in a room with just a mattress on the floor, a pillow and quilt blanket, I’ll leave my clothes in/on my bags, put my other belongings on the floor next to the matress. I won’t complain that there’s nowhere to hang my clothes, no bedside table or something to put my glasses. Hmm…
Feel more secured to live in an apartment compared to a landed property. Maybe that’s the paranoid me.
My holiday is getting boring now… I want to go lepak in the city!!!
11.31pm Zzz…
Mp3 Experiment 21 – Full Details
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment